Open Lab Notebook
Some of my public lab notes on various experiments can be found here. I also have a public Notion Page where I keep some works in progress.
- Virtual Coworking – A virtual office / workspace where people can share a productive and supportive working environment. Still going strong!
- Groundhog Day Resolutions 2022 – For the 16th year, the theme is Reclaiming the Pursuit of Creative Independence and it’s hosted at my new website at
- ThinkPad 2020 – Early musings on an “open lab notebook” thinking tool for sharing in-progress work. Like this blog, but better. This is also under hiatus because I haven’t been able to work it into my daily routine.
- URSANODE 2020 – A web app framework that I have made and can explain to other people so we can collaborate on stuff. I work on this intermittently, porting new features from another project to it as I have time.
- Game Framework – Similar to URSANODE, this was my earlier attempt at sharing code I am developing.
- Goals for 2024 – Started in 2014, then suspended in 2018, and maybe restarted in 2020?
- Groundhog Day Resolutions – The last four years of my yearly goal setting. (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
- Taiwan Trips – Learning how to engage with my ethnic home country as a non-speaking Taiwanese American. (2019, 2018, 2016, 2015)
- Micro Tasks – A brief experiment in tracking really small tasks as a way of being more productive. (2015)
- New Thing-a-Day – Making one thing a day again. (2014)
- Producing vs Consuming – Tracking time spent producing new things vs time spent passively consuming what other people have made. (2014)
- New Site Design in 15m a Day – Testing the idea that just 15 minutes a day can result in significant progress. (2013)
- New Product a Day – Making one new thing a day. (2013)
- Graphic Design Book List – A curated list of books and magazines that helped me become a designer.