(last edited on February 15, 2023 at 12:24 pm)
I am about to go into WORKING VACATION TRAVEL MODE while I am away from home visiting my dad in Taiwan. I’ll also be spending some time in California for a few intense days of work before flying out on All Nippon Airlines. I’m running around trying to make everything will go smoothly for the house guests who will be minding the fort while I’m gone, making sure that everyone I owe money to has been paid, etc.
Anyway, here’s the last regular Groundhog Day Resolutions Weekly Report until late May! Incidentally, I’ve changed the numbering scheme of the reports to mirror the month of the last full monthly report. For example, this month’s April 4 full report means that every weekly report will be number 04.1, 04.2, etc until the May 5 report is written. This numbering will make it easier to tell what report goes with what month; before I’d screwed it because I started counting from the wrong number.
ANYWAY anyway, here’s a quickie report!
Using the new report format:
WIN – I started the code review and installed a JSDOC documentation system; this should improve the ease, timeliness, and consistency of our docs. I also dumped Typescript, because for the kind of code we’re writing it doesn’t really help us as much, if at all.
STUCK – I’m increasingly feeling that I don’t have enough time to do all the things I want to do. It’s very frustrating. Accepting that I can do LESS doesn’t help the frustration because it feels like I’m giving up. Ironically, I have volunteer to do MORE for other people’s projects. To my credit, though, I am making sure that these projects directly inform or benefit one of my own projects.
Let’s review the details of the week using the standard report format.
Restatement of Goals
As I’ve outlined in my GHDR Working Process page, this year’s strategic goals are as follows:
- [DISCIPLINED GOAL] Increase the viability of my Online Stationery Business
- [EMERGENT GOAL] Increase my expression of “me”
- [EMERGENT GOAL]Take care of myself and the communities that matter to me
GRADING OF THE PAST WEEK: Feels like a “B”
It feels like an “average week”, but I’m giving it a “B” because that feels better than a “C”. To me, a “C” grade means doing barely enough to just get by. I did however make some advancements on my key strategic goals though nothing was “finalized” or “delivered.”
- MEME – Line drawing from edge-to-edge finished! Still some layout bugs and lifecycle issues to work out, but it’s a major milestone.
- MEME – Code Review Started! Added
documentationjsJSDOC, building a better foundation for future code collaboration!
- WORK – 12.5 billable hours, which is higher than my average of 10 but below the high of 30 last week. I was burned out last week, so the lighter week was good for recovering.
SLOT 2 “Online Stationery Business” Achievements
- BUSINESS STRATEGY MEETING – Met with Brenda to brainstorm about analytics and discuss next steps. Good meeting. I think this is a good working partnership. I have to review my notes and the trello board.
SLOT 3 “Personal” Achievements
- Still playing The Division 2, I’m at the 60+ hour mark, so I think I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it.
- Put together some great outfits that are stylishly (?) defining my “non-binary” gender presentation. I am starting to get the hang of selecting good pieces, I think!
- Met with various scooby gang creative collaborators. I feel I’m getting better connected and more sure about what I’m doing, helping build a positive community that is accessible to nice people!
TARGETS FOR WEEK (WITH CONCRETE TARGETS)
For next four weeks, my targets will be secondary to being in “working vacation” mode.
- SLOT 1 (DISCIPLINED TRACK) SOFTWARE MASTERY (SWM) – MEME handoff meeting in California.
- SLOT 2 (DISCIPLINED TRACK) ECOMMERCE OPERATIONS (EOP) – Handoff new ABOUT front sheets for mini notebook production
- AUX (DISCIPLINED) – 20 billable hours for April (up to 25 hours, so we’re doing ok)
- AUX (DISCIPLINED) – ending diet push at 189 pounds. Hopefully I won’t gain too much weight
The concludes this weekly report! Last week wasn’t too bad, I guess, though it feels like I’m getting lost in little details instead of pushing boldly forward to reap tangible reward.
|MON 1/1||New Year’s Day||Start thinking about resolutions|
|FRI 2/2||Groundhog Day||Make your resolutions. Assemble your peer group.|
|SAT 3/3||March 3||Review w/ group.|
|WED 4/4||April 4||Review w/ group.|
|SAT 5/5||Cinco de Mayo||Review w/ group. Think celebratory, spring-like thoughts!|
|WED 6/6||June 6||Mid-Year Review w/ group. Optional break for summer.|
|SAT 7/7||Tanabata Star Festival||Private Review. Make Wishes. Rededicate.|
|WED 8/8||Chinese Father’s Day||Private Review. Plan for future completion.|
|SUN 9/9||September 9||Review w/ group. Three months left.|
|WED 10/10||October 10||Review w/ group. Two months left.|
|SUN 11/11||Veteran’s Day||Review w/ group. A Day to be Grateful.|
|WED 12/12||December 12||End-of-year Review. Break for Holiday Madness.|