After Wednesday’s megabinge on coding, I took Thursday slowly after waking up quite late. I ported the old game demo code from Project 1401 (my video game test code) to the new Engine 1401A1 organization. It was a matter of copy/pasting directories and then updating some references. The net result is that the game is exactly in the same place as it was before I started all this stuff. The only thing new is the build system and the directory organization. While I might be tempted to grumble about this, the big takeaway is that I think I’ve leveled-up in my understanding of these tools, and that will help me be a better developer! So…yay for me!
Stuff Learned and GHDR Points Earned
I didn’t do much today. But I posted some more working code to GitHub, though it’s the same working code as before. On the plus side, I’ve improved the Github repository organization a bit too, so it’s easier to browse online and get a sense of how the project fits together.
|10||posted working code to GitHub (sorta a stretch)|
|10||fulfills a current wish, makes future results more possible, packaged results and made it available!|
|3||Tried a bunch of stuff I didn’t know would work.|
|2||Posted words on this website!|
|1||Researched a lot of code-related stuff|
Let’s call it 26 points, not bad. Tomorrow I need to switch gears and do something else for the weekend. There’s piano karaoke tomorrow night, and I’m having lunch with a music composer friend in the area…hopefully something unexpected will happen!