Another day, another staff meeting!
When I started this experimental agency five months ago, I wasn’t sure if it was going to fly. The idea of making cheap web templates seemed like a good idea, but I didn’t know if it would fly. Making the collateral and defining the products seemed, to me anyway, based on my own guesswork. It seemed to take forever to make things, and I was frustrated with the lack of progress. Good thing I was blogging the experience, because looking back it suddenly seems like I’ve done more than I thought. The time spent building that first website, putting together that first half-finished catalog page, and playing with logo concepts has actually given me a technical base to work from. And, I’m starting to see the existence of an actual market. It’s surprising! I’m rolling up what I’ve learned from the Agenceum experience into a general design studio offering under my own name; I’ll continue to document the processes here, of course, because this is my behind-the-scenes R&D lab.
I’m very tired from a long day of meetings, so I’ll expand on this later.