(last edited on April 29, 2014 at 1:29 am)
After looking at Bo’s MediaWiki installation, I’m going to try it myself. I was initially put off by the README saying it was more difficult to install, but here goes. Boring installation notes follow:
- use lynx to download to my web hosting provider (pair.com)
- tar xvzf mediawiki.tar.gz to a subdirectory
- read INSTALL file, note the following:
- If your PHP is a CGI plugin rather than an Apache module, you may experience problems. Great.
- Ok, make config directory world writeable prior to running config script
- Browse to the config directory
- Set up the MySQL db via host control panel
- click INSTALL button
It’s done! This is actually an easier, smoother configuration than PHPWiki’s confused documentation. And this is so much better looking.