My sister and I dropped Dad off at the Manchester Airport this morning. We were sad to see him go…after 7 weeks of hanging out together again, I’ve relearned quite a bit about what it means to have family close by, and I already miss him. Thanks Dad! I look forward to your return visit soon!
Some domestic lessons I learned on this visit:
- You can cook a tasty meal in 30 minutes or less
- Having folded laundry is nice!
- It only takes a few minutes to wash dishes if you do them right away
- Even when you think he won’t need it, you should tell Dad you have a deep fat frier
- There’s nothing that a piece of twine and Elmer’s glue can’t fix
Some lessons I learned from watching Dad clear the Security Gauntlet at the Airport:
- Don’t pack multiple electrical appliances and metal pots in your carry-on luggage, unless you happen to like unpacking them in front of the State Trooper on duty!