Old Style Blurring

In this age of digitally processed photography, it’s nice to come across a device that helps you achieve that artsy blurred look completely in-camera. Behold, The Lensbaby!

From what I understand, it’s a little bellows lens system that can attach to your SLR. You can manually adjust the focus point by wobbling it around. The result is very interesting blurry patterns. It sort of simulates the bizarre photos you get with those cheap russian Lomos, the Holga among other toy cameras of artistic merit.

My sister, of course, is into all of the above, which is how I even know about this stuff. She’s so much cooler than I am :-)