French Version of the Emergent Task Planner

French version of the Emergent Task Planner Zut alors! Thanks to reader Ashley Kwakernaak, there is now a French version of the Emergent Task Planner. It’s available on The Emergent Task Planner Page, in black & white and color for A4-size paper.

If there are other languages you’d like to see for the ETP, I have made a Microsoft Word .DOCX file with the source English text; email me if you’d like to try your hand at a translation. The major constraint is that the text needs to be the same length (or shorter) than the original English phrase for it to fit in the layout.

1. Benoit H. Dicaire 5 years ago

The french translation is not adequate, tons of mistakes in the sample.

You should get a second opinion.

2. Author
    Dave Seah 5 years ago

If anyone has suggestions for an improved translation that can still fit in the space available, I’m happy to hear what they are!

3. ChrisL 5 years ago

Hi David, Here’s a better french translation, I hope the frenchfrogs will enjoy…

Have a GREAT one ! Chris

4. Benoît H. Dicaire 5 years ago

Great job, ChrisL !

5. Frederic Mikusek 5 years ago

ChrisL translation is fine and Benoit is right. The translation I made (june 13, 2007) did not include the header which did not exist at that time. I do not think that the translation on the picture was made by a native french speaker, it seems asian to me not canadian ; I am a native french speaker from France.

6. Author
    Dave Seah 5 years ago

Updated! The new version hopefully is more accurate for everyone.

A message from Dave:

I really believe we all benefit when we share our own perspectives on common experiences. It would be great if you added your own anecdotes and comments, even if you don't necessarily agree with the premise of the post; that's just good conversation in my book. The house rules are "treat each other with kindness and respect" and "enjoy the flow of ideas!"